Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Is there something wrong with my T4 slip?

Well i got my t4 this year and i feel there is something wrong and was hoping to find some answers here.

emplyoment income: 10,871.91

CPP contributions:364.93

EI contributions: 195.70

Income tax deducted: 130.10

does anyone see something wrong here? i paid so much into CPP and such little income tax.

Is there something wrong with my T4 slip?
Looks good.

Based on the EY calculator, you'd pay $191 in tax. It doesn't take into account CPP and EI paid. These amounts actually serve to reduce your taxes payable, as they are non-refundable tax credits. If anything, you paid a bit too much tax, and will get a refund.
Reply:Yes I would agree such little tax, anyway maybe you asked at the begining of the year to reduce taxes that you are supposed to pay, did u talk to the payroll dept ? or sometimes if you are a student they don't take much tax, otherwise there is no way 10000 would just give 100 of tax. Verify your pay stub, I hope you didn't throw them
Reply:It does seem odd. Does it concur with your regular pay stubs?
Reply:Actually the CPP and EI are correct and the tax is a little higher than you would actually owe.

The first $9,600 you make during the year is exempt from tax and there is also an employment amount of $1,000 this year so your taxable income is essentially 271.91. That is why the tax deducted is so low.

Your T4 looks correct to me

sim cards

No comments:

Post a Comment