Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to write a C++ statement to open this file, a:\inputs\data5.txt?

i have this file (a:\inputs\data5.txt) in A drive, i want my text.cpp to open it, how ?

How to write a C++ statement to open this file, a:\inputs\data5.txt?
I better use Standard FIle I/O instead of iostream. I like to do so. it's easy to manipulate as char[].





try this...





#include %26lt;stdio.h%26gt;





void main()


{


FILE *fp;


fp=fopen("data5.txt","r");


if (!fp)


{


// do something when error found


}


else


{


char buff[256];


while(!feof(fp))


{


fgets(buff,256,fp);


printf("%s",buff);


}


fclose(fp);


}


}
Reply:the first answer was right, but you may have to specify the full path name of data5.txt, for some reason my programs can never open files if i dont specifiy full path name even if it is in the same folder, and dont forget to make double backslashes becuz its an escape sequence

business cards

No comments:

Post a Comment