Monday, May 24, 2010

Whats wrong with my Warcraft!!!!!?

i just rebooted my comp and now i am trying to install warcraft III Reign of chaos but during the installation this pops up...





Data File Error--


Setup cannot read a required date file.Your Warcraft III CD may not be in the CDROM drive. Please ensure that the disc is in the CDROM drive and press Retry. To cancel the operation, press Cancel.





G:\war3.mpq


Error 0x00000017: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).


(FileUtil.cpp:816)








this never happened before. before the installation goes smoothly but i dont know what went wrong. can anyone help me?

Whats wrong with my Warcraft!!!!!?
There is lots of reasons for this. It's either that your disc is dirty so you just have to clean it. Or that your disc is too scratched up. Your can try to clean it with water but it won't clear the scratchs. If this doesn't work then try copying it. Make another copy of your disc. This should work. I'd tried it myself before. Hope this helped you. Good luck
Reply:Try copying the contents of the disk on to the C drive. Then run install.exe from there.





Let me know if it works.





My boyfriend is addicted to that game (the online version). He beat III in a week.... I don't understand it... : )





Anyway let me know if that works.


No comments:

Post a Comment